If you use WhatsApp Messenger with your family, partner, or good friends to send short messages and media back and forth, then you may always want to have these chat messages pinned at the top of the chat list.
This is especially beneficial if you are in contact with a lot of different people and they push your favorite chats to the bottom. Fortunately, WhatsApp has a feature built in which you can easily pin your favorite chats to the top.
And we will now explain to you here how exactly this works for iOS and Android smartphones:
Pin WhatsApp chat on iPhone (iOS)
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and display the chat overview.
2. Now swipe a chat from left to right and then hold it for a short moment.
3. A small menu will now open where you can select a pin. Select this to pin the chat.
Up to three favorite chats can be pinned. You should first pin the chat that you want to appear in third place, then the second, and finally the one that you want to appear in first place.
Pin WhatsApp chats on Android e.g. on Samsung Galaxy smartphones
1. Open WhatsApp on your device.
2. Display the app overview and long press on a chat that you want to favorite. 3.
3. A small menu appears at the top of the screen. Select the pin here.
A maximum of three chats can be pinned in Android as well.
So now you know how to easily pin a chat as a favorite in the WhatsApp application on Android and iOS and thus display it at the top.